Friday, October 13, 2006

New York, New York

WOW!! I just returned from a big trip to the Big Apple. I was quite brave.... took a train, got my own taxi (many times). It was kind of fun to be in a huge city -- however it is awesome to come home to lots of land and pretty scenery. NY is fun to visit, but I doubt I could live there.

I went up to help my parents. My step-dad had spine surgery last week and they are renting an apt while he recovers. They have been kind of cooped up, so they were very glad to have a new face in the one bedroom TINY apt. It was great to be able to serve them.

Coming home, my train got stuck behind a broken down train -- UGH! It took forever for them to unload all the passengers from the broken down train to ours (especially the passenger in a wheelchair since there was no platform or ramp). The frustrating part was that we were only like 30 min from Baltimore, but it was about an extra hour and a half before we got home!

Too much fun......

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow, sounds really fun. The Swann's took us to New York back in March and we had an amazing time.